Be gentle with your sleepy body, don’t push it by attempting anything too strenuous or sudden. Start by slowly moving your head and neck around in a circular motion. Feel where is uncomfortable after your night’s sleep and massage those muscles with your hands. Take your time to slowly stretch high into the air, and gently fold to stretch your back and hamstrings. Shoulder extensions leaning against a wall or door, slow hand clasps behind your back, and easy low lunges will help to wake your muscles gradually. Take care!
- What are the best stretches for your shoulders to loosen them up in the morning?
- What is your stretch habit? I use the fabulous 10 minute and a few 3, 5 and 10 minute stretch routines I found on YouTube.
- What types of stretches would you recommend to someone with lumbar scoliosis?
- Is it necessary to switch up stretching routines?
- What do I do before stretch training? After? How often should I do stretch exercises if I want to do splits? How long do I have to sit in the split if I train 3 days in a row with 1 day to rest?
A basic yoga sun salutation. Good stretches all around and you can do 1 or 2 repetitions List of free yoga apps to walk you through.
I stretch while still in the bed – lying on back, bend knee, move over across body to/indirection of opposite shoulder while turning head in opposite direction- hold a few seconds, the other knee, etc. Then bring bender knees to chest and hold. Then turn over on stomach, push up with arms, head back, to stretch front of body. Then when standing on floor, very slowly lean over, legs straight, to stretch back of legs.
Well in the morning you should do some arm stretches to wake those arms up and this also helps you feel lighter because you willl FEEL WAY MORE refreshed also do some leg or yoga stretches
I start with child’s pose to ease into the stretching. Then move to cat pose two or three to get my back warm. On my knees I stretch my arms high above my head in a slow circular movement like sun salutation several times. Then I stretch each arm separately across my body under my chin. This is when I also stretch my hands and clench my fists several times.
Overhead stretch, lace fingers together and raise hands above your head, palms up. Straighten spine and hold for at least 10 seconds. Stretch neck and shoulders by rotating head and neck clockwise and counterclockwise
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?