Hi, my problems with meditation arise from sudden scepticism.. (Been raised no nonsense Protestant) lack of concentration, incessant thinking (monkey mind) .. I counter the first with a thought on science, research has proven the worth of meditation.. the other two with gentleness and the idea of pushing thoughts away with a feather… hope this helps, good luck!
Biggest struggle: Responding to the pictures that pop into my mind. Responding by analyzing their meaning or following them to see more.
My practice has taught me to see them and accept them without further thought. Don’t ignore them, just accept that they are there and keep meditating.
Well, i struggle with being focus on my meditation time. But the best way to maintain focus is by finding a quite place and taking your time meditating alone.
Making/taking time for me is my challenge. I know it is valuable and yet I do not always follow through on my commitment to myself. I am working on seeing my promise to myself with the same value as a promise to someone I care for, which would never be cast aside.
- How often/long do you meditate?
- How do you keep meditating and focused?
- At what point in your routine do you meditate: if morning, before/after breakfast; if at night, early/later on in routine?
- Do you meditate in the morning or at night?
- Is it normal for thoughts during meditation to be kind of loud and busy?
- Which meditation do you practice on a daily basis?
- I prefer to meditate at midday. Why does Fabulous insist in meditating in the morning?
- What audio do you use to meditate? If you use any.
- Does it really matter if I do it in the afternoon because I have no time in the morning?
- Do you prefer meditating alone or with a group and why?