See the gorilla experiment with the basketball.
Secondly you have acceptance, which is different from gratitude. In a bad situation acceptance is really referring to not attempting to remove painful thoughts. So instead of removing painful thoughts with thoughts of gratitude, you are accepting of the painful thoughts and converting your emotional response into resilience, fortitude, growth, and ultimately to live a life which is aligned with your life meaning or your core values.
You might also in some instances be grateful for the opportunity for growth or the lessons learnt but this is definitely not to be confused with accepting painful emotions, and expanding your ability to contain them an act effectively in the world.
Hope this answers your question.
- How you remind yourself of all things to be grateful for?
- When it’s difficult to think of things, what “small stuff” do you find you can always be grateful for?
- How do you manage to still be grateful on days when everything seems dark and pointless?
- do you sometimes feel that you have nothingto to be grateful for?
- What are some little joys in life I can learn to appreciate?
- Tell me how to practice gratitude ?
- What 5 things are you most grateful for?
- What do you think about gratitude to every problem you have been through?
- What are all people needed to be grateful for?
- Why did you take this challenge? Has it helped you to achieve what you wanted? 🙂