Remember there is 20 different ways to make the same dish. Invent yours everyday.
Vegan protein powder based shakes.
Homemade granola with almond milk.
Oatmeal casseroles with chia seeds, quinoa, hemp seeds, and fruit.
"Egg cups" —> bake eggs in a muffin pan with veggies. Have for the whole week.
Oatmeal with fruits
Smoothie with fruits and vegetables (my favorite is strawberries, cherries and beets with coconut water and tart cherry juice)
Whole wheat toast with olive oil, tomatoes and basil (olive oil is a great healthy fat with omega 3’s)
Spinach, tomato and mozzarella with olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette on toast
Any vegetarian breakfast sausage with whole grain breakfast cereal
Roasted potatoes with onions and peppers (homestyle potatoes/hash browns)
Falafel bowls/pita pockets with tomato red onion and lettuce with taziki sauce
Baked sweet potatoes
Summer succotash (green beans, corn, tomatoes, basil, onions and zucchini or squash – all lightly sautéed) with a vegetarian breakfast sausage
Some are more lunch style options, but they taste great in the morning I’ve found!
And there are great recipes online!! Hope this helps and happy eating 😊
You should include the following in your diet:
Lentils- a good source of protein
Beans-rich in iron
Nuts-rich in vitamins
Leafy green vegetables -rich source of iron
Fresh fruits etc.
- Yes. As Indians and, particularly, as South Indians we’ve been raised to begin our day with food like idli, dosa, rice based foodstuff, roti and pulses, potatoes etc. But, those recipes are a lot of work and need prior prep. Also, they seem like they’re full of carbohydrates ( some good protein too, I agree). What breakfast ideas can I incorporate into my schedule if I have about 15 to 20 mins of prep time on my hands every morning?
- What’s the best thing to eat when you’re in a hurry?
- Whether it’s good to eat rice in the morning?
- What’s so great about breakfast?
- Can I eat bacon everyday?
- What are some good and easy to make vegan meals.
- Is coffee healthy?
- Would you eat rice as a breakfast?
- What are some great easy breakfasts for those of us with a very limited budget?
- What are quick breakfast options that will fill me up?