Medatation is always good to do before you go to bed. It will relax your brain and might help you sleep. And when you wake up in the morning have a drink of water. That will help you to wake up your body.
I like to make some herbal tea and read a novel, either a paperback or on our Kindle. Playing with/brushing the cat is also great! The important thing is to leave 30m to an hour before bedtime to do nothing, so you're not stressed by finishing dishes etc right before sleep
Disconnect! Take a hot shower. Drink tea without caffeine or sugar. There is tea specially for night time. Real hot, because it will relax you. Put your phones and listen to guided relaxation.
I drink warm water, shut down my internet and put out all the lights, and some asmr sleep podcasts helps me to fade away
- What do you think about E-Books for reading?
- It some times can take me 2hrs of lying in silence before I fall asleep. Is it better to commit to the 2hrs or can I watch a movie (usually Fantasia, literally like every night). I have picked up the habit of reading for 30min before bed, but then thinking smooth the book keeps me up. Help please.
- Can you remind me to unplug please?
- Do you think that reading a book on your phone counts as using it? Or is it just reading?
- Do you think addiction prevents you ? Or relation?
- What really is the disconnect habit? It doesn’t give very much detail. I’ve been using it as an alarm half an hour before bed to know that I have to set my alarms for the next day and stop looking at my phone until the next day. Is this the intention? Also, Han Solo Star Wars Movie was amazing!
- What time do you disconnect, do you go to sleep right after disconnecting?
- I like to sit on my phone for a bit right before I go to bed but sometimes the phone can disrupt my sleep how can I fix this?
- I tend to have so many questions and reminders to set up before I go to sleep. How do I approach this without technology?
- I play a lot of video games, and my old roomate watched a lot of tv. I also grew up in a house with lots of people. Do you also have difficulty falling alseep to silence and no electronics on in the back ground?