However, as far as other times when you’re not seeing results, the first thought I would have is have you spent enough time effectively doing the thing? Sometimes we think we’re changing in a consistent manner but with proper journaling or tracking we find out that we’re not. Have you tried that?
If you have, then I think that may be more of how you’re imposing these things you’re trying on your life. Perhaps it’s an exercise routine, or a new way of eating. Perhaps being willing to start over and take smaller steps would be a way to regain your footing. Remember that “Rome wasn’t built in a day” but brick by brick.
From another angle, perhaps the program that you have chosen is not the right one for you. What are you trying to assess? Perhaps the focus of the program is not quite right. Do you have a support system?
When I do something like workout, I am just enjoying the workout. I'm not look in the mirror everyday to see if there is something different with my body.
If you reach a plateau, then switch up a workout, playlist, or remember why you are doing this in the first place.
Act as if you have the body you want now.
Just try and play pretend for a little bit.
What would you do if you have the body you want.
How you you treat yourself.
How would you talk to yourself ?
How would your family, friends or love one treat you?
This can also be applied to any goal you want to achieve in life too. Not just your body and working out.
Hope this helps you because I have been there.
Also fasting helps the body in so many ways. Start with intermittent fasting. 8/16. Break your fast with fruit only but do your workout before you eat your first meal.
Don't eat before 10am. The body is still detoxing with fasting until then and is not really ready to start digesting food until after 10am.
Your body will be supported so much more by helping it regularly detox waste from your body through fasting and it is a perfect compliment to working out.
- Do you do the same kind of exercise every day?
- What should I do when I feel too tired to exercise?
- My job involves a lot of walking so I am mainly getting my cardio that way. How can I transition to something else for days I’m not working or if I change jobs?
- How do you retain your focus during meditation?
- Should I still try to excercise in the morning as I am going back to school next week or just in the afternoon?
- Has anyone found any other 7 minute exercises? I am getting bored doing the same one every morning.
- Which is better, exercising before or after breakfast?
- Is mediation a workout/exercise?
- What can you do to start enjoying the exercise process instead of it feeling like a punishment?
- What is your cardio and strength ratio and what kind of exercise do you do?