In my opinion it depends on your goal. I like mine to be between 320 and 600. But if your goal is to simply break your fast… 40 calories will do that. The key is to make sure your acid levels stay down and maintain a balanced Micro and Macro nutrient diet.
I think you should eat what feels right for yourself. Although the best is probably a bit less than a third of your daily intake, if it feels like too much you can probably take it easy until it feels more natural.
i eat baguette with cheese & next fruits mixed with honey and then ride my bike to the coffeshop where i read a couple of pages from an inspirational book while iam drinking my nescafe .
It varies a lot, depending on your body type. Personally, I've struggled with weight gain – so I eat a bowl of granola for breakfast, then eat a large lunch and dinner with many snacks. If you are trying to lose weight, you could eat a low-fat parfait (yoghurt, granola, fruit). It tastes good, and has a lot of nutrients.
I'm sure there's a science to it but personally the only, even slightly successful, diet I've ever been able to stick to consistently is intermittent fasting. So I eat zero calories for breakfast every day. In fact I really only eat one meal a day after 6pm. I've been doing that for a couple months at a time and I'm still alive
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?
- What is the lightest acceptable breakfast for someone with a full hectic schedule?
- What’s a good breakfast option for vegans?
- What would you combine in an easy go-to, vegan, breakfast smoothie that includes all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a physically active working day?
- When is the best time to have breakfast?
- What are your plans to make sure you eat a good healthy breakfast every morning?
- I sometimes like to sprinkle grains, nuts and fruit on a green salad for breakfast. Is there any reason I shouldn’t eat a raw greens salad after my morning workout?
- Any quick protein rich vegan breakfasts? Need some ideas! Thanks 🙂
- How can I make a dairy-free omelette?