If it stimulates ideas, or reminds you of specific things, it's probably getting in the way.
meditation at it's simplest is simply being able to control what you are thinking about for any length of time. Achieving focus on yourself could totally be assisted by music. Even focus on the the music to the exclusion of everything else is absolutely a form of meditation.
By the way, if you're new to meditation, depending on who you are it can be the most horribly, excrutiatingly boring ten minutes of your life! But it is worth it.
Listening to music can release all of stress minded.
Listening to music can get a positive energy.
Listening to music is the best way to uplift your mood
- How do you meditate when you are at a busy place (work for example) or with a busy schedule?
- What are your sources to meditate? App, videos on YouTube, podcasts?
- How do you deal with a distracted mind before you even start to meditate?
- How to you stop random thoughts from coming up during meditation?
- What do you do about the aches and pains during meditation?
- Yes. I am a novice at “Meditation” and would be interested in hearing how others began their practice (how long, routine, resources, etc. ).
- How has meditation made a difference in your life?
- Do you experience days in which you don’t have a “successful” meditation session? Where your thoughts are just too overwhelming and racing at the speed of light that you can’t seem to slow them down?
- What is your favourite thing about meditation?
- Favorite time of day to meditate and ideal length of time? Is 10 minutes too short?