Try breaking up your workout session into reps. Make a list of your workout moves and take a 30 second pause between each cycle. (Ie. 15 squats, 10 deadlifts, 1 minute plank, 30 mountain climbers — 30 second pause — repeat!) You can change/add/remove any workout moves you want!
If you don’t have a lot of time to exercise all at once or if you don’t really like exercising, then doing short exercise throughout the day would be good.
If you just want to get it all done & over with, then the long exercise would be best.
Either one is good, some exercise is better then no exercise.
After about one month it became a routine and I am on 20 push-ups now each morning.
If you start with something bigger it’s probably gonna discourage you and maybe after 2 or 3 times you’ll abandon it because you will spend a lot of energy.
Tiny things keeping on track will make you reach the highest level.
Nothing wrong with shorter more frequent sessions if that works for you! And if one longer session is your jam, then go for it!! 🙂
It comes down to what your goals are in the end, if you’re training for body building comp or to run a marathon, you’re probably gonna be looking at different types of training styles and lengths. But if you are just trying to keep active each day like me, i would recommend starting off with just a 15-20 min focussed session each day.
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?