Don’t forget that when you meditate you are trying to listen to your mind and body, so don’t be too hard on you if you are doing it different from someone else. You have to care for yourself.
However you can spend 60 secs
Sitting up with your face turned up spine comfortably erect and breath deeply (big inhale/big exhale) this way you get this prana(life force energy/ circulation) in a most beneficial posture for the body.
Kaizen in Japan is doing a new task (even a difficult one) for 60 seconds to train and adapt the body to learn or produce something new. It also has been said if you earnestly and honestly meditate for 60secs the benefit is far greater than ( vs ) forcing one's self to uncomfortably go longer I hope this helps, happy meditation!
But I understand you. Perhaps you could sit on a chair? Use as much support as you’d like, pillows, whatever makes you comfortable. And then move your limbs if you want to, when you meditate. You don’t have to sit completely still.
Alternatively, I would recommend you trying out yin yoga – it’s a very meditative form, with long (3-8 minutes stretches) lying down, which could be perfect for your circulation and meditation.
I have done yin yoga for a couple of years now, and it’s one my most enjoyable yoga forms.
You can find yin yoga practices online and do it at home.
But try to sit on a chair, or in the floor, and make itself comfortable for yourself, and move if you need to.
And be patient with yourself ❤️
If you really want to be sitting, maybe some big, soft cushions/pillows, or firm springy ones might help – you could even try sitting up or partially reclining in bed?
At the end of the day, whatever position allows you to focus on your breath without worrying about how comfortable you are is a good (and perfectly acceptable!) choice.
Hope that helps 🙂
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?