- How do you deal with aches and pains during a meditation session?
- What’s your method to focus on meditating?
- How do you feel after meditating? Does it really help your day?
- What are your favorite times of day to meditate and why?
- Sometimes I jump out of my state of meditation kinda like the falling dream that can wake you as you begin to sleep. Is this normal? Why does this happen and are there ways to help prevent this reaction?
The closest I’ve come to that when not on retreat is when I’ve been maintaining a daily practice for a while. But it’s still more of a struggle because the stress of daily life pulls my attention away from being present.
I think if I was sitting longer daily, say half an hour or more, then it might get easier over time. Unfortunately, I don’t have that kind of time given all of my responsibilities.
That being said some days are harder than others. If you are tired, hungry, stressed it will be harder but you just have to push through.
I am working nights so I don't have the energy for long meditation in the morning so I have been doing under 10 minutes most days.
Even if you lose focus it's ok don't judge yourself saying like: " I should be more concentrated or stuff like that".
Meditation (at least for me) it's all about accepting yourself and your thoughts.
I raccomend you trying the app calm or simple habit instead or the details meditation here.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?