- What is mindfulness meditation?
- Where do you do your meditation?
- What is the best method and time of day to meditate for focus and energy?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How has meditation changed the way that you act with family or friends?
The closest I’ve come to that when not on retreat is when I’ve been maintaining a daily practice for a while. But it’s still more of a struggle because the stress of daily life pulls my attention away from being present.
I think if I was sitting longer daily, say half an hour or more, then it might get easier over time. Unfortunately, I don’t have that kind of time given all of my responsibilities.
That being said some days are harder than others. If you are tired, hungry, stressed it will be harder but you just have to push through.
I am working nights so I don't have the energy for long meditation in the morning so I have been doing under 10 minutes most days.
Even if you lose focus it's ok don't judge yourself saying like: " I should be more concentrated or stuff like that".
Meditation (at least for me) it's all about accepting yourself and your thoughts.
I raccomend you trying the app calm or simple habit instead or the details meditation here.
- When meditating should I do it in the same place every time or do it where it’s best?
- How many hours a day do you meditate?
- How do you make sure you meditate every morning?
- What do you think are the disadvantages of meditating with ambient music?
- What to think while meditating?
- What changes did you see after practicing meditation in your personal and professional life? What time do you find is the best for doing it?
- What do you struggle with during meditation?
- When do you meditate? In the morning or before you go to sleep? I often feel like I’m falling asleep when I do it at night and that’s not it’s purpose.
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silent?
- I found myself dozing off during meditation, I try to use a meditation app but if I’m sleepy, it’s not going to work. Any suggestions?