- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Do you prefer to sit when meditating or do something else (lie down, walk, etc)?
- Is it important to have a specific cushion to go to to meditate, or is it okay to meditate from bed right when you wake up if that`s working for you?
- When in the day, and how often in the day, do you meditate?
The closest I’ve come to that when not on retreat is when I’ve been maintaining a daily practice for a while. But it’s still more of a struggle because the stress of daily life pulls my attention away from being present.
I think if I was sitting longer daily, say half an hour or more, then it might get easier over time. Unfortunately, I don’t have that kind of time given all of my responsibilities.
That being said some days are harder than others. If you are tired, hungry, stressed it will be harder but you just have to push through.
I am working nights so I don't have the energy for long meditation in the morning so I have been doing under 10 minutes most days.
Even if you lose focus it's ok don't judge yourself saying like: " I should be more concentrated or stuff like that".
Meditation (at least for me) it's all about accepting yourself and your thoughts.
I raccomend you trying the app calm or simple habit instead or the details meditation here.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?