I meditate in my bed, lying. I really appreciate the shorter breather types than the longer meditations. I really enjoy the meditation which focuses on the body.
- Can you meditate lying down?
- Should i be imagining something while meditating, or just exprience being present in silence and in the no where
- What are solutions for a meditation pillow (or similar) that work in really, really tiny apartments?
- When in the day, and how often in the day, do you meditate?
- How do you focus your thinking to one problem/idea to resolve it through meditation?
For me, meditation is a new practice. One that I am welcoming with open arms. I try find a seated position, with a straight back, but relaxed shoulders. I close my eyes, and concentrate on my breath first. This seems to be the easiest way for me to get my mind in a better headspace. I still get easily distracted, but I’m focusing on trying to bring my thoughts back. I try to say a little mantra to myself, remind myself that I am loved, I am worthy of love, and if I don’t feel it from others, I can give it to myself.
I recently went on a course to learn how to meditate and if that’s something you’re able to do I would definitely recommend it! I learned a lot and got the opportunity to meditate as a group, which was really powerful. Then everyone shared their experiences with the meditation and it made me feel less alone in things I was struggling with, and made me realise some things I didn’t even know I was doing!
Most importantly though it got me into the habit of doing it, which I think is all anyone needs to make meditation effective- let go of expectations and judgement and do it every day.
- What does meditation do?
- Should I meditate in silence or with peaceful music?
- What are some of your difficulties with meditation and how do you cope with them/maintain focus?
- How to not get into sleep
- Can you meditate while driving?
- Do you think you need to meditate every day? Or do you alternate that with journaling?
- It’s difficult to me to have self-discipline. The worst of all is that I compare myself to others and I get disappointed. How can meditation help me get over it?
- What should I think about during meditation to improve calmness and increase the duration of the meditation?
- What is mindfulness meditation?
- How do you sit while you meditate?