Dry goods are the best foods to have on hand if you’re wanting to fix meals over time from food stocks. I suggest either hot cereals like quick or slow cooking grits/oatmeal. And to change over to dry cereals like your dry flake or bran cereals gives you a variety. Dried fruit on your cereals hightens flavor like your dried apricots, raisins, etc. Canned fruits are also stored easily over time.
You might also want to shop for these dry food items at a discount grocery store like Sam’s or Costco to save unnecessary shopping trips and have your food items accessible over time.
Your freezable perishable items like frozen straws berries and blueberries can also be used over time and if you might want protein with your hot cereals you can use frozen veggie meats such as your tofu products as well as your canned veggie meats that can be bought at Walmart and Kroger and many other stores as well.
1- eggs and toast
Eggs keep a long time in the fridge and I put the bread In the freezer and it seems to toast up just the same.
2- steel cut oats -I bring to a boil then turn off, put a lid on, and sit on the stove overnight.
3- soup- this is my go- to breakfast, actually.. I batch cook homemade soup once a week or so and freeze it in old cottage cheese and salsa containers. All I have to do is run it under hot water for ten seconds then heat on low while I’m showering. Yesterday it was minestrone. Today it will be tomato-basil, and next week I’ll make a Thai red chicken curry.
I have a keto recipe for these egg puck bites that kept well and were delicious also.
I also like to have a cup of frozen blueberries, macadamia nuts, and kefir. Kefir keeps pretty well.
You could go the healthy breakfast smoothie route and freeze your ingredients, that would keep well too.
-try frozen vegetables if you can’t keep fresh
-prepare breakfast ahead and freeze it, defrost the night b4
Alternatively, peanut butter and jelly on toast is a good one. You get protein and fruit and all the ingredients are shelf stable
Also, egg muffins are a great alternative, and you can add whatever you like to them: spinach, bacon, cheese. Mine keep for a week too.
Soooo… I prepare all my breakfasts on Sunday. Beginning of the week, banana, nuts, porridge and yoghurt, and end of the week: eggs. Hope this helps.
I suggest these options that have worked for me:
1. Hard Boiled eggs
(make early in the week, keep in fridge grab 2 each morning and season differently each day to keep it new and refreshing)
2. Fast until Noon and then eat
(Great for your digestion and metabolism. Research intermittent fasting for more benefits)
The best of luck to you and
my best regards,
Option two: steel-cut oats with raspberries and banana and some walnuts or almonds crashed on top
It means breaking the fast which u holded since night.
A breakfast should be like a king means it should be a heavy meal. You can have –
1)Boil eggs (Depending on ur need and do not eat so many eggs in summers )
3) Roti/Chappati (If u r a Indian or its available)
4)cornflakes,milk,fruits (if u r fatty)
5) chilla (It can be made of oats,suji,basen,jowar,makki
6)oatmeal ( go through a perfect recipe)( and if u r thin or lean)
8)sausage with bread
9)protein shakes (after workout)
10)protein food (boil soya beans,panner,cheese chappati or sandwhich,eggs)
I also recommend meal prepping and freezing it in portions. Then you can just take out what you need 🙂
– Chia pudding
– Guacamole with toast bread and poached egg
– Smoked salmon, sliced avocado, poached egg, salad with bread
– Prep smoothies pack with any type of milk
– Granola with milk or smoothies (make sure the granola is sugar free)
– Whole wheat bread with sugar free and banana slices and a cup of milk or coffee
– oat porridge with egg with veg
If you work at outside you can choose easy but enought benefite breakfast , like rice with boil egg .
- What do you do when you really do not want to eat in the morning?
- Any good protein shake options? Actually is there any protein mix I should try leaving the fitness stuff out?
- What means “The Great Breakfast”? Is it a breakfast with sandwich or eggs? Should coffee be included?
- What do you like to eat for breakfast to feel energized and able to concentrate?
- What would you consider as a healthy and tasty breakfast?
- What is a good sustaining healthy low fat breakfast?
- Is toast and peanut-buttergood for you ?
- Any breakfast ideas with fruits like oranges and apples?
- What kinda homemade breakfast is best for a vegetarian?
- What’s the most filling breakfast you have?