- Do you practice intermittent fasting? Did you do it through the Fabulous app or on your own?
- I would love to find more vegan breakfast options! Still in the process of switching to a complete vegan lifestyle, sometimes I have a bit of a hard time eating something other than cereal!
- What’s your go-to fast but healthy breakfast?
- What’s a quick breakfast?
- What’s your favorite drink on your Breakfast?
Usually, I end up eating a protein shake and fruit, or Quaker Fiber and Protein oatmeal, 2 packets. $3.89/box is expensive for oatmeal, but not bad per meal, in the big picture.
I don't really love either of these items, flavor-wise, but I realized that, on most days, I was repetitively eating foods I was indifferent to, anyway. I just changed which indifferent foods I chose.
Eggs are fast to prepare but if you like to prep like me, they freeze well. Get a stainless steel ring mold to make egg discs in a skillet/griddle in a large batch (you can add any veggies, spinach or bell pepper are top choices. I'd suggest not adding cheese to the egg as it doesn't freeze as well and just add later). Freeze the egg discs and keep English muffins or bread on hand, then you simply toast the bread and microwave the egg then assemble your breakfast muffin/sandwich. Hope that helps
I try to mix it up. I'm busy are most of us. I try to have a good quality meal replacement on hand as well as whole grain bread, nut butters, fruit and cheeses for breakfast.
I also prefer planned big breakfasts and that's what the weekends are for. I take my time and come up with ideas as I go and that's what makes cooking fun for me.
Some leftovers from dinner the day before?
Or maybe you can transition into porridge?
I fix old fashioned oats by microwaving a serving in a measuring cup the night before. I add unsweetened almond milk if I want creamy taste and either ground flax seed or chia seed and then cover it and put it in the fridge over night. By morning, it’s cooked.
I reheat it in the microwave and put it in a wide mouth soup thermos.
For flavor, a half a bannana and some cinnamon and some stevia make the flax meal type taste like banana bread.
Or just cinnamon is good, or a quarter diced apple put in before last heat up. You can also flavor with apple butter or pumpkin butter.
You can make mini quiche in a muffin pan, the night before, when you get up to heat water for coffee or tea, turn on the oven, the quiche take 20 – 25 minutes, by the time you are dressed and ready for the day, the quiche are done. Or you can cook the night before are sick in a toaster oven 5 minutes or microwave for a minute. Put what you like in it. Eggs, chevre, tomato, sausage, bacon, spinach, bell pepper, cheddar cheese, onion….lots of variations.
Have a cup of fruit, I love blueberries.
Prep the night before: eggs, cheese, favorite breakfast meat veggies of your choosing like onions bell pepper, and make a breakfast burrito. Takes 5-10 minutes in the morning.
Have fun with it… but the only way to make sure it happens is it do some prep work and the day before plan it all out.
I have just started to have breakfast again so probably the "menu" will change later on.
Balance it with tea/coffee and a piece of fruit or smoothie and nuts
- Need tips on great Indian vegetarian breakfast items.
- Is it ok to eat soba noodle in the morning?
- What tasty breakfast is easy to prepare with lots of protein and veg?
- What is your favorite easy breakfast?
- What is a quick healthy breakfast choice for kids?
- What are some good healthy vegan breakfast ideas to make when I’m short of time in the morning?
- What’s a good upset stomach breakfast?
- I travel a lot for work. Do you have any generic recommendations for breakfast on the road?
- When you are pressed for time in the morning, how do you still have a good breakfast?
- What specifically do you like to make in the morning for breakfast?