But the most likely scenario is that the people around me are wondering what I think about them. Or something else related to themselves. And I’m the only one thinking all those negative thoughts about myself.
I like to remind myself that being different is a good thing- it gives life some spice! So, while some exercises may be difficult or awkward for someone else- you excel at them… and the reverse may be true for the other persons strength- it may be your weakness.
If it doesn’t challenge you, it won’t change you- the whole reason we exercise. Don’t let your anxiety hold you back from achieving better mental & physical health!
Good luck 👊🏻
Pay attention to what you eat, how much hours of sleep you get and how is your lifestyle (maybe) affecting your progress.
Maybe today reflect on where you excel in life. Write down a list of all of the things that you do well, that you are fast at. Write that list next to the words "feeling slow at the gym" and see how you can appreciate where you DO excel in life and I think that will make anxiety at the gym seem a lot less important.
Also! The next time you notice someone feeling depleted because they aren't doing something as well as everyone around them, take them under your wing and tell them your story! Often our biggest challenges in life allow us to have a story to tell someone else to help them with their journey.
You are in the gym for yourself – not others. Concentrate on your body – your workout. Even though your pace is different from others.
Motivate yourself each day to reach the goals you set for yourself. Do not compete with others. Remember – this is for yourself – not to prove a point to others.
- What are your favorite music stations for the gym on Pandora?
- How do you make a good exercise plan?
- Do you have to do the same exercise every day?
- What exercise do you think is best to start the morning?
- How do you keep your motivation up when your weight loss is slow?
- What is your go-to motivating exercise music?
- Do you know any quick but effective workouts or exercises to do in the morning?
- Do you prefer HIIT Exercises or more slow paced activities? Why?
- How can I feel not so tired in the morning?
- How do you get up in the morning to go to the gym?