It’s always a good idea to disconnect at least 2 to 4 hours from any screen or electronics so you can give yourself ample time to wind down and relax before going to sleep
I generally would say half an hour before… That sets the mood, I got time to read or listen to a sleep meditation, an evening gratitude meditation or do some gentle yoga. Hope this works:)
I would say as soon as possible. But I find it OK about an hour before sleep. I make myself some tea, write in my notes, share my thoughts with it. And dim the lights in that time, so you already prepare your body to a relaxing state.
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?