Deep, slow breathing is always good, but I've found 2 other really helpful tips to deal with when I'm anxious. First, is acknowledging the anxiety and telling myself that I'm currently at a anxiety level of ___ (1-10; example: a 7) and that I'd like to bring it down to a 2 for the next few minutes. By anchoring my anxiety to a number and then telling myself how much lower I want it I give myself a target to aim for. Secondly, talk to yourself (out loud or in your head) as a mom would her child. Be kind to yourself and tell yourself everything is okay.
If I felt afraid usually sometimes do something that makes me smile like go out for a walk and disconnect with electronics. If I felt lonely, I could talk to someone I trust. If I felt anxious, I would usually do the same thing I would do if I was afraid. Hope this helped!
When I feel like that, or just if I'm starting to feel like that either I put some music that energises me or I meditate to regain "mental balance".
I take a moment to breathe and ground myself. Meditation helps vastly with this. I remind myself that these feelings won’t last and if I grasp on to these emotions through trying to fix them, that I will only create more pain for myself. I remind myself that I’m not actually alone because I have my own heart/soul/spirit/mind whatever you’d like to call it. I create an environment of warmth and care for myself. To me that means napping, cuddling my dog, hugging myself, and doing something I really love and enjoy. I would suggest putting together a “first aid kit” for yourself when you feel this way. Make a mental note of what kinds of self care activities you will do for yourself when you feel this way. I wish you the best!
Its too hard to explain. I usually lock myself in my room. I listen to XXXTENTACION music. Sometimes I 😢 cry. I feel stressed and depressed.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?