Selmaan A Ali
I sent daily activity goals for walking. If I can achieve a little above that goal, I know that I made it. I practice virtual walking-setting a place where I want to go but couldn’t have the time and money to walk in the real city. My goal is to virtual walk across Canada. Goals, both small and big, are important. Plan out your day and you’ll do
Take stairs instead of an elevator. Congratulate yourself when you reach the top of the stairs. When no one is looking, I like to give myself a high five! Lol! It looks like a clap.
Monitor your steps in an app on your phone and set daily goals. That also encourages me.
I start my day by stoping my alarm. For that I have to walk to another room were I left it. It helps me get out of bed.
I use the down stairs bathroom, and go up to dress, so I walk a little more.
I try to do things on time, so I can park my car a bit far so I can walk to work for 5 minutes and walk Back for another 5.
It’s not easy with some routines go out to walk. But I Think that yhe most important thing is that one can be honest, Sit down, and really think what can I do in my shoes to walk more?
Hope it helps someone! Have a Nice day!
1. Always take the stairs if you are going up less than 5 floors
2. Try to park a little further away from your office each day
3. When going to the supermarket always park as far away as you can
4. Buy a Fitbit to motivate you – it’ll track the steps you take. Once you know roughly how many you take now challenge yourself to up it by 500 a day
5. Walk whenever you talk on the phone
6. Don’t beat yourself up if you find you don’t achieve your goal each day
Resist the urge to try twenty minutes of anything until you feel silly just walking to the corner and back and calling it exercise. Then you’re ready to move walking into the block of time previously filled by screen time, or some other activity you thought you HAD to do. When that shift happens it will just feel right and you’ll wonder how you ever had a problem finding time. That wonderful habit will be yours!
Just think about it? Is there something you may be able to implement?
- Do you stretch before or after exercising?
- Do I have to exercise 7 times a week?
- Do you feel more energetic after exercise?
- What’s your go to 8-minute exercise?
- How can I make my running habit more permanent?
- How can I really stick to an exercise habit?
- What exercise is best to do? I do different ones each day but I don’t know what I should stick with.
- Does it need to be the same exercise every day or can you mix it up a bit?
- What are good neck stretches?
- Do you switch it up every day or do you stick with one thing?