Do the Plank!
Comes from Pilates and yoga.
Squat down, assume the push up position, but arms are extended. So, you look like someone prepared to do a push up. Keep yourself in that position, back straight, and arms straight. Now, hold that position for 1-2 minutes, daily increasing it to 5 minutes, then it’s up to you. The abs get a work out so
Make sure you keep your back straight and but up a little.
Tighten your abs ( you have them already, they are just waiting to meet you 🙂)
Hold as long as you can then switch knees.
When your comfortable just try a full plank for any amount of time and drop that knee when you can’t hold it.
Do that for a couple of weeks
I hope it helps make a difference 😊
If you search for abs routines at FormerBlender.com, they always include both sides of your core in their workouts. They sometimes give hints for protecting your neck but not always, so you'll have to be aware of a tired neck and rest it.
Once you know what you can do without pain, gradually add more!
I find doing a Plank is the best for core though. Its my favourite but I can’t do it atm 😢
Now you have just trained your core strength. You can do that every day for a week and hold it for longer and longer.
There should be no issues with your neck or back but you will have trained and strengthen your core!
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴