Do the Plank!
Comes from Pilates and yoga.
Squat down, assume the push up position, but arms are extended. So, you look like someone prepared to do a push up. Keep yourself in that position, back straight, and arms straight. Now, hold that position for 1-2 minutes, daily increasing it to 5 minutes, then it’s up to you. The abs get a work out so
Make sure you keep your back straight and but up a little.
Tighten your abs ( you have them already, they are just waiting to meet you 🙂)
Hold as long as you can then switch knees.
When your comfortable just try a full plank for any amount of time and drop that knee when you can’t hold it.
Do that for a couple of weeks
I hope it helps make a difference 😊
If you search for abs routines at FormerBlender.com, they always include both sides of your core in their workouts. They sometimes give hints for protecting your neck but not always, so you'll have to be aware of a tired neck and rest it.
Once you know what you can do without pain, gradually add more!
I find doing a Plank is the best for core though. Its my favourite but I can’t do it atm 😢
Now you have just trained your core strength. You can do that every day for a week and hold it for longer and longer.
There should be no issues with your neck or back but you will have trained and strengthen your core!
- What can I do to do my morning exercise every day? Any helpful tips?
- Does just a 30 min walk count as exercise? Also, if a pedometer app like Google Fit says I have walked 30 mins throughout the day but not consecutively, does that count?
- Anyone who hates exercise yet managed to lose some weight for health, what advice can you offer?
- How do I figure out when to do my exercise? I don’t feel like there is a cut out recipe.
- When is the best time to exercise according to science. Before or after a full meal?
- How do you get someone who is experiencing depression to exercise?
- What do I do on days where I don’t feel that I have the energy or willpower to exercise?
- What do you do when you don’t have enough time?
- I have real trouble In being active throughout the day. No excuses, am lazy. How do I not be?
- What kind of exercise do you do?