Yeah, you can use a lot of apps that use pomodoro without loud ringing like FLIP, Engross, Forest, Study benny and they have a lot more features than mechanical timer
- Does the feeling of procrastination before you start deep work get better with momentum? Interested to know! Or is it always a struggle 😆
- What kind of deep work do you do?
- What is your preparation ritual for work?
- Anyone have any suggestions for how to sit and think for half an hour without doing anything else at the same time? Or do you think it’s okay to combine this with a non-thinking task like cleaning?
- How do you maintain focus when you absolutely cannot disconnect from the internet because of the nature of your work?
I wouldn’t be surprised if Fabulous had a Pomodoro challenge Ito be honest. If not, there are a ton of apps out there. I know they’re not mechanical but I can’t think of anything specifically mechanical that would help? You could maybe get an hourglass? Or those cool little desktop water fall things with ink droplets aside (the ones where you watch them gently fall to the bottom). Something like that?
There are some physical timers that do not tick. They still beep though. Sadly the only thing that wouldn’t distract your co-workers would be a phone timer with earphones on.
Promodoro is pretty archaic in the times we are in. There are many forms of silent alarm systems that are available in my market similar to Fitbit. If you research about devices similar to or, same as Fitbit you will know that they are created to monitor your health and also at the same time give you a silent vibration when you are sitting for long and require to stretch your limbs. Along with monitoring your heart rate, sleeping habits, distance you have walked and giving you the data on a regular basis as it syncs via blue tooth to your phone you can set yourself calendar/ daily reminders to go for a jog, cycle or, meditate just like you follow a regimen via this applicate. Try it and you will love it. I use it and it lets me know if my daily deep sleep of 5 hours is enough to keep me health, regulates the distance I walk everyday and I push my boundaries everyday by increasing my distance bit by bit. As my job requires me to sit for 8 hours at my desk with equally placed breaks the device also warns me if I an sitting for a long time at my desk and buzzes siletly/ just as a mobile phone would in do not disturb vibration mode. Try it out, it is really helpful.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?