Or make overnight oats and grab them in the morning.
I also drink coffee with a little heavy cream in it. It's a good hunger surpressant for me so I'm not snacking all day.
Alternatively, peanut butter on toast or cream cheese with avocado on toast are also really delicious and quick to make 😊
Costco and eat them as my breakfast.
2. Porridge – handful of oats and a glass of milk in a pan on the hob for a few minutes to thicken up – easy and the perfect breakfast. Add fruit, honey or seeds to mix it up.
There’s no excuse not to have a nutritious breakfast.
Prepare a little fruit salad the night before and eat it on the go in the morning.
Cut an apple into slices (rings) and spread peanut butter on and enjoy.
Make overnight oats and eat it for breakfast.
Health rusk with your coffee
Mix 3 eggs with some milk and place in the microwave. Stir every 30 seconds until eggs are cooked. Add some grated cheese
What do you like to eat?
What is healthy?
How can we hit both?
What are the blockers?
– do I know what healthy is?
– do I have the time (can I prep)?
Start with easy
– porridge, nuts, cinnamon
– apple, nut butter
– wholewheat toast and nut butter and banana
– avocado toast
However if I’m in a rush fir some reason I can make either of my two week day breakfast choices in around 5 minutes (that’s going flat out quick though with it though).
Option 1: porridge with unsweetened almond milk (I’m lactose intolerant otherwise I used to use semi-skimmed milk) cooked on the hob and served with one tablespoon of honey (I have a sweet tooth) and a glass of innocent smoothie with frozen ginger grated into it, a teaspoon of turmeric and a pinch of black pepper (black peeper increases the health effect of turmeric, turmeric has lots of research behind it as a good health supplement) stirred and then I make a black coffee with a little cold water in so I can drink it straight away ( if really short on time I make an espresso).
Option 2: 2 poached eggs on either 1 or 2 slices of seeded whole grain small sized loaf toast (depending on how hungry I am and whether I’m doing any physical work that day), olive oil spread on the toast with either honey spread on or balsamic glaze over the eggs and a small pinch of pepper and tiny pinch of salt. Then it’s the same smoothie and coffee as option 1, if I have time to drink it I’ll also make myself a decaf green tea in a snug mug (equals about a pint of tea) (I’ll have 3-4 snug mugs of either decaf green/peppermint/chamomile tea throughout the day and always have some on me with a mug if I’m out and about for the day (for me it’s the easiest way to stay hydrated as I like herbal tea).
Both of these options keep you full and release slow burning energy, the porridge keeps blood sugar level making you feel grounded and calm, I’m never hungry before lunch if I have these options.
Weekend: I have a treat bacon and egg or sausage and egg toasted sandwich on a Saturday with the same smoothie and herbal teas but I have a large English breakfast tea instead of coffee. If I want to make it healthier I swap out the bacon/sausage for Linda McCartney veggie sausages.
Sunday depending on how I feel I’ll either have option 1 porridge or I’ll do 2 poached eggs with toast chopped up into squares with olive oil spread and honey on all served on top of a bed of raw spinach with a pinch of pepper and a tiny pinch of salt served in a pasta bowl so I can chill on the sofa and watch tv whilst I eat it.
It took me a few years to nail down what breakfasts I liked and worked best for me but I’m really happy with these options so I hope they help someone else too.
In the morning: add a handful of raisins and a sliced up a banana to the bowl
2. Use simple ingredients the, like whole fruits, eggs, whole wheat toast, oatmeal, dry fruits, nuts
In the morning grab a piece of fruit you like, an egg for protien and some oatmeal. Or maybe a slice of whole grain toast with cream cheese, a piece of fruit and an egg. Or maybe a vegetable that you've pre-cut or bought pre-cut like sweet peppers/bell pepper, carrots, whatever and a couple tablespoons of cream cheese or peanut butter or just plain with some boiled eggs/scrambled eggs and a fruit. It helps to pre-cut up things like that when you buy them so you can just grab them and go. You can also just eat a serving of a healthy cereal with some fruit and nuts tossed in. Oatmeal is real good for that.
- What do you do when you really do not want to eat in the morning?
- Any good protein shake options? Actually is there any protein mix I should try leaving the fitness stuff out?
- What means “The Great Breakfast”? Is it a breakfast with sandwich or eggs? Should coffee be included?
- What do you like to eat for breakfast to feel energized and able to concentrate?
- What would you consider as a healthy and tasty breakfast?
- What is a good sustaining healthy low fat breakfast?
- Is toast and peanut-buttergood for you ?
- Any breakfast ideas with fruits like oranges and apples?
- What kinda homemade breakfast is best for a vegetarian?
- What’s the most filling breakfast you have?