Eating sugary foods, including fruits rich in natural sugars, on an empty stomach causes a rapid increase in blood sugar, followed by a sudden drop. This increases feelings of stress, anxiety, and tiredness after you've eaten.
And avoid coffee until, at least until you have completely finished eating your breakfast. Drinking coffee on an empty stomach triggers excess bile to be produced by your stomach AND it causes your kidneys to secrete an inflamed mucus which irritates your gut. These fluids are useful after eating as they can aid digestion, but they are actually harmful to your digestive system when your gut is empty.
Most research now recommends that you eat a breakfast rich in good quality protien and fat. This can be as easy as eating an egg or two that you boiled the night before. Eating high protien & healthy fatty foods in the morning decreases yoir body's production of stress and hunger hormones for the rest of the day 🙂
I've found that fruits and yoghurt are not so heavy in the morning or even cereal. I make my lunch a bit bigger and then a small supper again.
I mainly do this because I'm not used to having breakfast either.
I prefer to stay away from too much carbs like bread, pasta, potatoes. Because of it effecting a person's insulin levels and let's me get hungry quicker.
So basically limited protein, fruits and veggies and dairy and NO sugar
High have personally been eating high protein/medium fat and have noticed I stay energised for longer, with little cravings.
- How can you make sure to have a great breakfast every day?
- Do you have any breakfast suggestions for people allergic to milk?
- Any suggestions for make-ahead breakfasts?
- What is your morning excercise routine?
- How early do you eat breakfast?
- What do you love about your body?
- How can I make myself hungry if I don’t want to eat in the morning?
- Do you have any fast breakfast options?
- What are some healthy on the go breakfast options?
- I like to eat boiled egg every day for breakfast. Do you think that is good or should I change to be only 3 days with egg and others with oats and milk?