Eating sugary foods, including fruits rich in natural sugars, on an empty stomach causes a rapid increase in blood sugar, followed by a sudden drop. This increases feelings of stress, anxiety, and tiredness after you've eaten.
And avoid coffee until, at least until you have completely finished eating your breakfast. Drinking coffee on an empty stomach triggers excess bile to be produced by your stomach AND it causes your kidneys to secrete an inflamed mucus which irritates your gut. These fluids are useful after eating as they can aid digestion, but they are actually harmful to your digestive system when your gut is empty.
Most research now recommends that you eat a breakfast rich in good quality protien and fat. This can be as easy as eating an egg or two that you boiled the night before. Eating high protien & healthy fatty foods in the morning decreases yoir body's production of stress and hunger hormones for the rest of the day 🙂
I've found that fruits and yoghurt are not so heavy in the morning or even cereal. I make my lunch a bit bigger and then a small supper again.
I mainly do this because I'm not used to having breakfast either.
I prefer to stay away from too much carbs like bread, pasta, potatoes. Because of it effecting a person's insulin levels and let's me get hungry quicker.
So basically limited protein, fruits and veggies and dairy and NO sugar
High have personally been eating high protein/medium fat and have noticed I stay energised for longer, with little cravings.
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?
- What is the lightest acceptable breakfast for someone with a full hectic schedule?
- What’s a good breakfast option for vegans?
- What would you combine in an easy go-to, vegan, breakfast smoothie that includes all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a physically active working day?
- When is the best time to have breakfast?
- What are your plans to make sure you eat a good healthy breakfast every morning?
- I sometimes like to sprinkle grains, nuts and fruit on a green salad for breakfast. Is there any reason I shouldn’t eat a raw greens salad after my morning workout?
- Any quick protein rich vegan breakfasts? Need some ideas! Thanks 🙂
- How can I make a dairy-free omelette?