Yogurt is a good option too – I buy it plain and mix it up with some dries fruit, nuts, granola, and a little maple syrup for sweetener. Sliced apples and peanut butter with a serving of cheese is great for a small quick breakfast as well. You can also add a hard boiled egg or two to these options! You can make those days ahead and have enough eggs already made for the week!
Once you’re in the habit you can make scrambled or fried eggs very quickly.
Cook and freeze sausages or bacon and microwave just what you need that day.
Bircher muesli is made the night before. Just add some nuts and yoghurt in the morning.
Meanwhile, toast some bread or grab some rice cakes (Tomato and Basil Ones are my fave!). Slice an avocado, take half and mash with fork. Add a squeeze of lime, salt, and a few chopped cherry tomatoes. Mix it up!
Add to toast or rice cake, slice eggs in half, and add on top! Sprinkle paprika and pepper to your liking, and voila! 1-2 servings!
I like peanut butter and banana on rye, or avocado and ham on rye with salt and pepper (both of these have protein, healthy fats and carbs so should last until lunch time). I also like rolled oats in coconut yoghurt with blueberries.
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??