Id Rio I.
Dentists say at least once a day. I do it twice. I brush my teeth with my morning and evening routine and so I just do it right after that.
You must floss once per day typically before bed but the sooner you do it the more easily you can resist after dinner snacks.
L Dio Q.
I like to floss twice a day! Once in the morning after breakfast and once in the evening before bed. I like to know there’s no grunge in there!
L Rke W.
Ultimately I think once a day is probably okay, however twice a day is even better. So need…. once a day. But let’s do better than the bare minimum in life.
The recommendation by my det osts have been to do it at least twice per day, along with brushing your teeth: before going to bed and after eating breakfast. It can’t hurt to also do it after each meal. It simply helps keep your gums healthy and clear of leftover food, which nourishes bacteria growth in your mouth.
Ann Kathrin J.
Floss once per day. I floss in the evening and it’s a great way to slow down and be more deliberate before bed. You can think about what you accomplished and unwind for a good night’s rest.
Twice daily. Lipopolysaccharide from Porphyramonas Gingivalis and other gram negative mouth bacteria make it to the brain and cause inflammation.
My dentists have always recommended at least once a day, I prefer in the evening, once I’m done eating/drinking anything other than water, to get the junk off from the day that brushing doesn’t take care of. Make sure you floss all sides/surfaces of each tooth, especially your molars way in the back that often get neglected. It is recommended to brush your teeth 3 times/day, or after every meal, which isn’t always feasible during your work day. Buy an extra toothbrush, case, and toothpaste just for work. Use a soft toothbrush and using small circular motions on all sides of the teeth, gentle brushing on the both sides of your gums and tongue. Mouthwash to top it off and voila!
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss
- How do you motivate yourself through the first days when flossing is painful?