I try to disconnect and unplug about an hr before bed. I use the time to breathe and meditate. My sleep patterns are garbage at the moment however I’m trying to do better. Hope this helps! Cheers!!
I try to remember to put my phone away an hour before I want to fall asleep, but I turn on the night filter two hours before bed.
At minimum, one hour. That gives your brain enough time to shut down and rid yourself of the blue light. However, if you feel you can't avoid your phone or a screen before bed, start with changing the light temp of your phone. Apps like f.lux can warm the light and still work to slow down your brain. See if your phone has a "night time" mode!
Not long enough, probably 45min-1hr. Recently I started setting my alarm and plugging phone in to charge and then coming downstairs for a little while. I’ve got a little organiser/pocket that slips under your mattress and it hangs at the side of the bed. It’s for holding books/iPad etc. And since I got it I’ve been putting my phone in there which means I down ‘see’ it which reduces the temptation.
I tried to aim to put my phone away about 30 minutes before I go to sleep. I also use a blue light filter (Twilight) to lessen eye strain.
Mostly 10-15 minutes, but I'm trying to make it longer (minimum an hour). A blue-light filter helps me a bit to minimize strong light before bedtime 🙂
- I can’t seem to disconnect from Social Media at night.
- I would like to put my phone in another room at night, but I am afraid my mom or daughter might have an emergency in the night and try to call me, and u wouldn’t be able to hear the phone. Is it OK to just turn off WiFi, and maybe plug my phone in on the other side of room by my bed, so I won’t have tibe tempted to turn WiFi back on and look at internet?
- When do you locate your phone at night to recharge so that it is not by your bed but still convenient to check off your morning and evening routines?
- How to stop to use so much my phone !!!!?
- what are some things i can do when i’m disconnecting and unplugging?
- Is having a blue light filter on your phone good enough as not using the phone at all before bed?
- What is the hardest part of “disconnecting” for you?
- Do you have any tips on how to stay focused when you have to use your phone/computer for school work?
- Can anyone conduct their business affairs without a phone with the proper accomodation?
- How do I stop reaching for the phone when I’m eating? It seems to be an unconscious thing I do!