I try to disconnect and unplug about an hr before bed. I use the time to breathe and meditate. My sleep patterns are garbage at the moment however I’m trying to do better. Hope this helps! Cheers!!
I try to remember to put my phone away an hour before I want to fall asleep, but I turn on the night filter two hours before bed.
At minimum, one hour. That gives your brain enough time to shut down and rid yourself of the blue light. However, if you feel you can't avoid your phone or a screen before bed, start with changing the light temp of your phone. Apps like f.lux can warm the light and still work to slow down your brain. See if your phone has a "night time" mode!
Not long enough, probably 45min-1hr. Recently I started setting my alarm and plugging phone in to charge and then coming downstairs for a little while. I’ve got a little organiser/pocket that slips under your mattress and it hangs at the side of the bed. It’s for holding books/iPad etc. And since I got it I’ve been putting my phone in there which means I down ‘see’ it which reduces the temptation.
I tried to aim to put my phone away about 30 minutes before I go to sleep. I also use a blue light filter (Twilight) to lessen eye strain.
Mostly 10-15 minutes, but I'm trying to make it longer (minimum an hour). A blue-light filter helps me a bit to minimize strong light before bedtime 🙂
- What do you do to disconnect& unplug, if your mind is still full of to do’s? How do you prepare to disconnect?
- How do you disconnect from the perceived intense connections and relationships with others?
- I don’t really understand what it means by disconnecting and unplugging?
- How can we disconnect and unplug when we are supposed to be using the Fabulous app (this requires the use of my phone)?
- What’s best to do instead of using my phone before bed?
- Do we need to disconnect an hour before we go to bed or before we go bed?
- Does this mean all screens? Like iPad iPhone tv and laptop into one? Because i watch TV to relax before bed (TV is in the lounge room so I still have to walk to my room afterwards) I’m disciplined with only watching one episode. Then disconnect is i just use my phone only for the fabulous app or urgent family messages then put it on silent. Is that enough?
- Any tricks for not being tempted by your phone?
- How do I stop my self from watching YouTube or Netflix on my laptop till 1:00 am?
- When disconnecting from the phone what’s a good way to insure you won’t be tempted to use it?