Depends on the 12 year old and what meditation is being taught. For a mentally and physically healthy 12 year old I would suggest teaching moving meditation. As with any practice start small, like 5 minutes and add a minute when that time gets comfortable.
- Does it get easier to keep your mind free from the “outside world”?
- How long should we meditate for? And what’s the best way to get a positive mindset through meditating?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Is it bad if you fall asleep? I’m trying to be still, but sometimes I think that if I cut off my circulation that is not a good thing.
- What is your dream goal?
I would start small maybe 5-10 mins to begin with. To me the time would depend on them. If school is an issue, maybe first thing in the morning to get the nerves out. If winding down for bed is an issue then that might be the best time. But there's no reason why both times wouldn't work either. A time to think about the day & then time to reflect on the day. I do both personally.
Hope that helps…
Hope that helps…
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?