I like to stretch at least 30 seconds. I'm not sure it's possible to overdo it on time, but it is if you're pushing for more of a stretch than your body will naturally allow so be slow and gentle.
Marie Therese F.
It is possible to over stretch, but it depends more of how deep your stretch is than how long you do it. About 20-30 seconds per stretch is good.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?