Hi! I like to stretch a little bit of the entire body but there have been some occasions when I had to stretch one particular area longer than others due to the way it was feeling (tightness soreness etc.) but instead of worrying about the part of the body, sometimes I like to just feel it out, hold the stretch for as long as it feels needed, instead of quickly rushing through just to cover everything
- I know certain movement can actually do more harm than good, so how do I know if I have the proper posture for a stretch?
- Do you have any recommendations for stretches at work?
- What’s your easiest and most effective stretching routine?
- How to keep remembering why are you doing it, to keep wanting and being motivated?
- Have you found that stretching is improving your posture or is it wishful thinking?
My calves are particularly stiff, so I love stretching my legs until I hear that satisfying pop. I also enjoy bending down to touch my toes, and then hanging there, allowing my body to naturally sway to wherever needs attention. By the time I straighten, I feel like I’ve shaked a couple cobwebs off.
I normally stretch for less than ten minutes and yes, I do try to focus on a certain area, in my case it's the hamstrings and the shoulders
I don't have a fixed amount of time for stretching like the app suggests. I just stretch the sore muscles from the previous days' efforts but I also focus on my back and core (planks). Hope this helps!
Most days I end up stretching longer than the one minute that it prompts me to do, but there's something about saying, "okay I only have to do this for one minute" that makes me start it. If it said "5 minutes" I think I'd be less likely to get started, but once I'm in it, I can go for 5 minutes easily. I focus mostly on my legs and hips because I have some misalignment in my pelvis that causes pain. Most of my stretches are from a seated position or on my back.
When I stretch, I like to spread out where I stretch all over my body. To me, it just helps my body to feel loose and realaxed if I stretch everywhere.
I try to focuse mainly on my joints and upper back which is my tensest area, and take around 15 to 20 minutes acording to thw stifness of my body
- Do you find the breaks between exercises to be really short?
- When do you stretch and for how long? Also how do you find routines?
- What do you include in your stretching routine?
- I have noticed that when I stretch I tend to always do the same thing and I get “bored.” Does anyone have any tips on how to stay motivated for stretching?
- Is there a specific routine you follow for stretching? If so, what is it?
- Do you focus on one body part or the whole body?
- What does your stretch routine look like? What do you follow? Or do you have your own routine? If so, what is it?
- How often do you stretch? More than once a day?
- What are the best stretches for the glutes?
- How has stretching helped you so far?