I don't have a fixed amount of time for stretching like the app suggests. I just stretch the sore muscles from the previous days' efforts but I also focus on my back and core (planks). Hope this helps!
Most days I end up stretching longer than the one minute that it prompts me to do, but there's something about saying, "okay I only have to do this for one minute" that makes me start it. If it said "5 minutes" I think I'd be less likely to get started, but once I'm in it, I can go for 5 minutes easily. I focus mostly on my legs and hips because I have some misalignment in my pelvis that causes pain. Most of my stretches are from a seated position or on my back.
Hi! I like to stretch a little bit of the entire body but there have been some occasions when I had to stretch one particular area longer than others due to the way it was feeling (tightness soreness etc.) but instead of worrying about the part of the body, sometimes I like to just feel it out, hold the stretch for as long as it feels needed, instead of quickly rushing through just to cover everything
My calves are particularly stiff, so I love stretching my legs until I hear that satisfying pop. I also enjoy bending down to touch my toes, and then hanging there, allowing my body to naturally sway to wherever needs attention. By the time I straighten, I feel like I’ve shaked a couple cobwebs off.
When I stretch, I like to spread out where I stretch all over my body. To me, it just helps my body to feel loose and realaxed if I stretch everywhere.
I try to focuse mainly on my joints and upper back which is my tensest area, and take around 15 to 20 minutes acording to thw stifness of my body
I normally stretch for less than ten minutes and yes, I do try to focus on a certain area, in my case it's the hamstrings and the shoulders
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?