Ideally you should stretch longer if tou just did sports or exercise (10 minutes). However, a one minute daily stretch is enough to improve your flexibility. Start off small and build your way up while staying comfortable! Enjoy the stretch!
Usually just a couple minutes. I don't stretch to be fit, I stretch to feel less crunched up and improve my flexibility. Takes less than 5 minutes.
Depends on the workout I had the day before. If it was very intense, I'll take about 15/20 minutes to stretch and feel good. If it was minimal strain, I spend about five to ten minutes doing basic stretching.
For anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes depending upon my activity level. If I feel stiff I devote more time to static stretching.
I usually stretch for anywhere from 30 seconds to two minutes. If I need to do more after that then I just do it whenever I feel like it.
This really depends on what my body feels like. Some days after an exercise session I will stretch for about 5-10 mins but I know my body functions best with a longer, deeper stretch like 30 mins for example or a yoga session to really loosen the muscles and relax!
About five minutes. I usually do two rounds of stretching — legs, back, arms, neck and then legs, back, arms, neck. If I feel a sore spot or something that needs to be stretched again, I’ll add more time.
Qu Nia A.
Not too long. About 5 slow minutes when I wake up then a few times throughout the day when I feel my body getting restless from sitting. I bought a "stretching" book so its very specific and I know how to target the muscles I want.
I usually hold each stretch for at least 15 to 30 seconds. I also do a variety of stretches each night. Whatever feels good and as long as it ends up being a full body stretch routine.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?