Stretching is meant to open up the pores of our muscles, loosen them and help water and blood flow through our whole body. This means in-order to achieve success with developing a stretching habit, breath work and the time when we stretch are very important. I personally find that stretching after I work, or as I feel stress coming on is most effective. I feel calmer and in the long term, I will feel like stretching more often. Breathing on the other hand is good in promoting better flow of water, neurons and blood through out body. We need oxygen more than we may think. So practicinf awareness in our breathing as we are stretching is very helpful.
- How often do you stretch?
- How do you think stretching helps you you? Not just physically, but mentally too.
- Do you prefer stretching in the morning or the evening?
- what kind of stretching excercises would you reccomend?
- Do you notice a difference when you stretch vs when you do not?
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?