Stretching is meant to open up the pores of our muscles, loosen them and help water and blood flow through our whole body. This means in-order to achieve success with developing a stretching habit, breath work and the time when we stretch are very important. I personally find that stretching after I work, or as I feel stress coming on is most effective. I feel calmer and in the long term, I will feel like stretching more often. Breathing on the other hand is good in promoting better flow of water, neurons and blood through out body. We need oxygen more than we may think. So practicinf awareness in our breathing as we are stretching is very helpful.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?