Stretching is meant to open up the pores of our muscles, loosen them and help water and blood flow through our whole body. This means in-order to achieve success with developing a stretching habit, breath work and the time when we stretch are very important. I personally find that stretching after I work, or as I feel stress coming on is most effective. I feel calmer and in the long term, I will feel like stretching more often. Breathing on the other hand is good in promoting better flow of water, neurons and blood through out body. We need oxygen more than we may think. So practicinf awareness in our breathing as we are stretching is very helpful.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?