I wish to do a whole body stretch regularly with focus on my legs. My legs are the most obvious problem point as I can’t even get close to touching my toes. Ideally I can follow a stretching routine that someone else designed to stretch as much of my body as possible
This is my basic routine: child’s pose, cat-cow, downward dog, three-legged dog, high lunge, warrior 2, plank, downward dog again, and cobra pose (20s each). Then, I add an extra 15s for specific muscles. For example, I stretched my triceps today. Tomorrow, I’ll stretch my quads. So to answer your question, I do both!
I don't really care much about which one. Usually I do whole body stretch. Right now I am focusing on showing up every day for it.
I do a general full body stretch using poses like downward dog to help relieve tension, but I try and focus on hips and neck/shoulders as I have trouble with these areas! Have a think before hand on what areas you feel need focus and look for a stretch routine online that targets those areas.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?