I wish to do a whole body stretch regularly with focus on my legs. My legs are the most obvious problem point as I can’t even get close to touching my toes. Ideally I can follow a stretching routine that someone else designed to stretch as much of my body as possible
This is my basic routine: child’s pose, cat-cow, downward dog, three-legged dog, high lunge, warrior 2, plank, downward dog again, and cobra pose (20s each). Then, I add an extra 15s for specific muscles. For example, I stretched my triceps today. Tomorrow, I’ll stretch my quads. So to answer your question, I do both!
I don't really care much about which one. Usually I do whole body stretch. Right now I am focusing on showing up every day for it.
I do a general full body stretch using poses like downward dog to help relieve tension, but I try and focus on hips and neck/shoulders as I have trouble with these areas! Have a think before hand on what areas you feel need focus and look for a stretch routine online that targets those areas.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?