Having a to do list sets my intention for the rest of the day. I always keep it in my line of sight so that I am constantly reminded by it at every moment of that day.
- What are favorite habits you guys like to do?
- How do I stop myself from running away from the intimidating tasks I have to complete?
- Is this whole exercise like monotonous or mechanical? And when I complete this whole journey, what next?
- Do you make a to-do list in order of execution of your tasks or randomly!?
- How do you keep a goal that you’ve tried to achieve so many times and failed each time? How do you keep going toward that goal with a positive attitude?
It has. It’s better to see what I have to do written down on paper than keeping a “to do” list in my head. It also gives me a sense of accomplishment when I see something checked off and continues to motivate me to complete my other tasks.
It helps me remember the things I want to do because I physically write them down on my to do list. Then when I get distracted or don’t have anything to do, my memory usually tells me that there is something for me to do.
Writing out my to do list helps me sort thru all of the crazy clutter in my mind and helps me stress less. I'm able to see my priorities and I also do not have to do everything that I'm thinking I should do. I can focus on the list and feel successful if I finish what's on the list.
It helps me to reduce procrastination by not allowing myself to dwell on “what I should be doing” question or getting really anxious about all the task loosely floating in my head. It also helps me to selectively “forget” things that I need to be doing
- What happens when you don’t have anything to do?
- Share your to do list templates/techniques
- How can I effectively stick to my to do list?
- What do you do when you don’t complete everything on your to do list? How do you not feel defeated?
- What to do items can you make into routines or habits instead?
- How do you balance making your to do list both feasible and inspiring? (If my to do list is only things I know I can get done in a day it is too simple and makes me not feel like I will achieve the things I want to
- I’m interested to know how many todo lists others have
- How far should I scale back my expectations when I fail? What if I fail every time for the rest of my life?
- How many items do you write in your To-do?
- How do you make time for yourself with 5 kids and a husband who works 12-14 hours a day?