Breathing deeply and letting go just preparing to fall asleep
the thing is i have a hard time staying asleep .
ive been removing and shut down electronic from my bed room .
i still struggle .i keep hitting the snooze button and i do this for at least 3 times .
but when i do wake up .i drink about 17 oz of water before i start my day and do a reading and mediation and .im feel refresh .
Most impactful of all has been the sleep cycle app. You place the phone under your sheets, it tracks your movement and thus figures out when your brain is close to consciousness. I wake up faster and without the sudden jolt. Sometimes it can’t find a good time to wake you up, but I believe that as I set my sleeping patterns to be more consistent, this will improve even more.
After that I’ve gotten a routine that does not let up. I have to wake up very early for my job, so I preset and then follow a series of wake up tasks.
Flask of water to drink right away.
A mint. (This one I’m not sure about and might drop)
Put on headphones and select my morning playlist. (Starting with Wake Me Up by Avicii)
Quick stretch and exercise.
Eat a bowl of cereal I laid out the night before.
3 minute shower going from hot to cold.
Put on fresh clothes that I selected the night before.
I have an hour to accomplish all this and get out the door. It is a relaxed routine but does not allow for any rests. That keeps me focused on my end goal.
After some experimenting and a few weeks repetitions, I found that I could almost do it on automatic and come out the other side ready to for whatever may come.
”ater sleeping cant help to be fresh in the morning
- Do you stretch before or after exercising?
- Do I have to exercise 7 times a week?
- Do you feel more energetic after exercise?
- What’s your go to 8-minute exercise?
- How can I make my running habit more permanent?
- How can I really stick to an exercise habit?
- What exercise is best to do? I do different ones each day but I don’t know what I should stick with.
- Does it need to be the same exercise every day or can you mix it up a bit?
- What are good neck stretches?
- Do you switch it up every day or do you stick with one thing?