Regular meditation helped me figure out what distraction felt like isolated from external forms of distraction like social media. Practicing the skill of seeing when I'm distracted, and refocusing helped me do that thing in other contexts like studying
I like to plan out my entire day in 30 minute blocks. This helps me to stay on a schedule and on task, risking a domino effect of changing plans if I don’t. I do this, for the next day, every evening before bed.
- What kinds of tasks do you consider deep work? And how long do you dedicate to them?
- Do you play music while doing deep work?
- How do you re-focus on your deep work when you realize you have become distracted?
- What are the bigger distractions for you: interior ones like your thoughts or feelings, or exterior, like noises, other people, etc? Which are more challenging for you?
- How can you be less stressed while doing homework?
- Do you set a time limit for deep work or do you just go with the flow?
- How do you work from home?
- How can I have a better focus for deep work?
- How do I stay more consistent with my deep work or any other habit?
- What makes you work for the whole day? (Over eight hours constantly in the deep mindset)