I like to plan out my entire day in 30 minute blocks. This helps me to stay on a schedule and on task, risking a domino effect of changing plans if I don’t. I do this, for the next day, every evening before bed.
- How can I select one of the Fabulous meditation topics to appear in my morning routine. Right now I have the breather, but some days I want something longer or different.
- How hard is deep work for you?
- What do you do in regards to your deep work habit on days you want to set aside for vacation?
- When do you write your to-do list, in the evening or tomorrow, and why?
- What sorts of to do’s do you include? And do you structure them somehow?
Regular meditation helped me figure out what distraction felt like isolated from external forms of distraction like social media. Practicing the skill of seeing when I'm distracted, and refocusing helped me do that thing in other contexts like studying
- How do I keep feeling motivated for achievements?
- What do you listen to during deep work?
- How long do you do Deep Work? I’ve kept mine at 25 minutes but is there more benefit to focusing for longer periods at a time?
- Has anybody actually switched to a typewriter or writing by hand just to avoid the distractions of the Internet?
- How do you deal with procrastination?
- For musicians and artists: How do you balance work on your artistic practice with all the business stuff that goes with it?
- I struggle to get deep work done as I keep getting interrupted. This is the nature of my job so I can’t change the interruptions, any suggestions on how to do deep work with interruptions? Thanks.
- How do you deal with tiredness at work? Of course the obvious answer is to get more sleep but at that moment in time, you’re already at work, so what do you do?
- What sort of work do you do for deep work?
- How do you accomplish deep work when you don’t have control over your schedule?