While meditation, I choose time just before I go to bed bcz at thime time all my work, meetings, phone calls have been finishd and so there will be no distraction…., Simple it it
The meditation practice I follow says that the point of meditation is not to not be distracted, but to learn to just notice the distractions without reacting. It will take time and practice so don’t be hard on yourself! If you are feeling like it is challenging, I would suggest finding a guided program to teach you some strategies!
Sometimes I try with guided meditations, so I use my earphones. But the thing that has been most useful is to meditate early in the morning, around 6 or 6:30, everything is so quiet! 🙂
I don’t really stop distractions. In the guided meditation I do, the recording says “acknowledge the distractions, know that it is there, and then move on” and that is what I try to do. When I notice there is a thought I kind of say hi to the the thought, and then try to focus on my breathing. I guess it is not that I don’t get distracted, it’s that I try to concentrate again in what I am doing at the moment. Focusing on the breathing helps a lot, and also repeating a mantra or a positive thought.
I like to put my hand on my heart so that I can feel my heartbeat, that way when my mind starts to wonder I just focus on my heart beat (how many beats are there? How fast is is going?)
Eu tento me concentrar no que eu estou fazendo… na respiração e em me acalmar. Tento deixar meu cel no modo “Não Perturbe”. E tudo é treino. Preciso treinar minha mente para fugir dos 1001 pensamentos que surgem.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?