My concentration last for about 30 minutes and so i will use a timer set at 25 minutes to focus on what I should be doing. After that, I'll use the remaining 5 minutes to take a break. If it's a long task, I'll do the cycle over and over until I'm ready to call it a day.
- What was the best advice you ever received on being productive?
- What do you do to keep yourself from distraction during deep work
- How to concentrate more on the time of deep work?
- Do you listen to music or have anything going on in the background during deep work? Even sitting by a window can be distracting, but sitting in a completely silent, dark room on an uncomfortable chair can be just as counter-productive. How do you minimize distraction while maintaining a comfortable work environment?
- How long do you try to focus for each time you do the deep work habit?
It's like meditation: if you get distracted accept it and bring your attention back to the task at hand… Over the long run you'll be more focused!
Lyam Da silva
Go away from distractions. Go to cafe, wear headphones with noise cancellation, hide smartphone from your view. In addition to it, take 5 minutes rest after 25 minutes work to keep your concentration.
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?