My concentration last for about 30 minutes and so i will use a timer set at 25 minutes to focus on what I should be doing. After that, I'll use the remaining 5 minutes to take a break. If it's a long task, I'll do the cycle over and over until I'm ready to call it a day.
- How do you deal with interruptions during your Deep Work session?
- What do you consider a deep work project?
- Do you believe 5min breaks are distracting and a work session should be one long stretch of deep focused work or that they are helpful?
- Can fun be considered deep work?
- How to stay motivated whilst working?
It's like meditation: if you get distracted accept it and bring your attention back to the task at hand… Over the long run you'll be more focused!
Lyam Da silva
Go away from distractions. Go to cafe, wear headphones with noise cancellation, hide smartphone from your view. In addition to it, take 5 minutes rest after 25 minutes work to keep your concentration.
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?