1. Strengthening the foundation. This means keeping a healthy routine – exercise, diet, to-do lists, meditation, sleep. Paying close attention to why you are tired or hungry or agitated and doing something logical about it so that you feel well.
2. Doing more things that I enjoy, reducing the things I don’t. Outsourcing as many of difficult, overwhelming tasks – cleaning, yard work, laundry, meals, etc. – as I can. Optimizing to spend as much time with my kids as possible.
3. Being accepting and forgiving of myself, and tweaking plans when they don’t quite work. Understanding that no one is a machine that can endlessly execute toward a goal. Expecting big obstacles. Expecting constant failure in little bits and pieces.
4. Finding unique (and better) ways to accomplish your goals. For me these ways are often rooted in technology, which is a reason I’ve taken to this app. Just because everyone else says “the right way” to exercise is to get a gym membership, or play team sports, or go running, doesn’t mean that’s the right way for you.
5. Getting advice. Sometimes it takes a third party – friend, boss, etc. – to cut through the noise.
- How far in advance do you put tasks on your to do list? I am a big procrastinator and if I see something on my to do list that’s not due for a while I tend to just ignore it. Any suggestions on how to solve this?
- How far ahead should one write their list.. i.e. daily, weekly or monthly?
- Is it any way to make do to list more creative but still keep them simple?
- What strategies do you use to prioritize & organize “to do now” vs “to do later” tasks?
- How to make sure you stick to your list when something else that you need to finish first just popped out?
- How to make a to do list more interesting?
- time management? How to be more effective with time? I am a person who cares a lot about details, and in my work, I tend to refine concepts a lot. I find myself time swept often and offset my to do’s.
- How can I do a ideal write to do list? Can you share an example
- How do you manage your energy Vs. Your ambition (i.e. multiplicity of projects you want to do) ?
- How do you prioritise your three main things to do when you have loads more to do?