- I have trouble accomplishing habits in the middle of the day or before bed. Any advice?
- How do you practice patience in different situations?
- I have difficulty concentrating on the task at hand. Despite serious lack of time, I still find myself procrastinating. How can I stop?
- Is it advisable to also segregate times slots in my to-do list in the notebook?
- Do you keep a dedicated notebook for your To Do lists and how does this help you keep track?
1. Strengthening the foundation. This means keeping a healthy routine – exercise, diet, to-do lists, meditation, sleep. Paying close attention to why you are tired or hungry or agitated and doing something logical about it so that you feel well.
2. Doing more things that I enjoy, reducing the things I don’t. Outsourcing as many of difficult, overwhelming tasks – cleaning, yard work, laundry, meals, etc. – as I can. Optimizing to spend as much time with my kids as possible.
3. Being accepting and forgiving of myself, and tweaking plans when they don’t quite work. Understanding that no one is a machine that can endlessly execute toward a goal. Expecting big obstacles. Expecting constant failure in little bits and pieces.
4. Finding unique (and better) ways to accomplish your goals. For me these ways are often rooted in technology, which is a reason I’ve taken to this app. Just because everyone else says “the right way” to exercise is to get a gym membership, or play team sports, or go running, doesn’t mean that’s the right way for you.
5. Getting advice. Sometimes it takes a third party – friend, boss, etc. – to cut through the noise.
- What happens when you don’t have anything to do?
- Share your to do list templates/techniques
- How can I effectively stick to my to do list?
- What do you do when you don’t complete everything on your to do list? How do you not feel defeated?
- What to do items can you make into routines or habits instead?
- How do you balance making your to do list both feasible and inspiring? (If my to do list is only things I know I can get done in a day it is too simple and makes me not feel like I will achieve the things I want to
- I’m interested to know how many todo lists others have
- How far should I scale back my expectations when I fail? What if I fail every time for the rest of my life?
- How many items do you write in your To-do?
- How do you make time for yourself with 5 kids and a husband who works 12-14 hours a day?