I use a pre formatted journal called the daily greatness journal which guides you through a review of the life areas you may want to balance. I use it to breakdown long term goals into four goals every 90 days and then weekly and daily habits actions I can do to move toward those
- Is there non-burning, light incense I could use? My toddler sleeps next to the room where I meditate in the morning and I don’t want to burn incense while he sleeps.
- Do you prefer meditating in silence or using an application that provides meditation sounds (music, bells, nature sounds). Can you tell why?
- Are you defined by what you do?
- What type of meditation do you follow? Do you see a comparable point in the type of meditation you follow?
- What do you do to meditate? Is there a specific ritual you have?
How I pick my goals is basically if I create short term goal like eatting healthier options with each meal, I will add a fruit or vegetable to each meal I eat that way long term I make that short term goal into a long term goal and then before I know it, it has become a permanent habit. Another short term goal I have done is not leave junk food laying around I put it away out of sight so I will put out fruits and vegetables around so when I see them I will eat them vs the junk food. Out of sight out of mind helps me.
I pick goals based off of my life experiences and my current therapy guided goals. I always balance my wants and my needs.
Whatever motivates you the most! For me I like to envision who I want to become, and that motivates me to set goals (small or big) to achieve that. You will intuitively know which area you want to work on to fulfill your goal(s) if you are clear about what you want in life.
I place tasks under either need to do or want to do and then I picture my ideal day. I focus on one from each category, preferably the ones that I'm most excited about that have the greatest impact.
I try to have immediate and long range goals. Day habits I’m trying to learn are immediate goals for me. Tasks that help me achieve a long range goal are usually not in my A priority category. They tend to be B items. If I do t complete them in 3 days I bump them up to A. I choose thing that help me grow as a person and help me be a good wife and mom.
I meditate on what I am feeling in that moment and as soon as come out of it, I write it down immediately so I don't forget my feelings or why I want or desire to accomplish some things.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?