Gilcenira Da rosa
I have not thought about it before this question. I am curious, though so I'm going to look more into it. Thanks for the idea!
- Do you prefer guided or unguided meditation?
- What tool, if any, is the most helpful while meditating? I personally use Mala beads, but would like to try more.
- Is meditating and chanting the same?
- Does anyone know how to focus when meditation brings up traumatic memories? How do you keep yourself moving forward despite the flashbacks?
- How do you prevent feeling sleepy during meditation?
Check out sos.org. they organize and do long weekends meditation retreats. They teach a simple and powerful meditation.
Yes, I am from the D.C. area so I am close to many different types of meditation, yoga, hiking, CrossFit, etc. retreats. I think it is something that if you are looking for it you can find it but there are a lot of miss opportunities to advertise for such events as people don’t always understand the correlation of different parts of life and how they create one picture. I am always looking for more resources and ideas so anything you can share is always helpful!
I have never done a meditation retreat or even thought about it. I just enjoy taking some alone time to help me settle before bed
I have the BEST! I read a few verses In the Bible and then pray, writing in my journal . I sit quietly, reflecting on my last day and contemplating tomorrow.
Unfortunately, I don’t have a go to as such, I travel a lot to different countries and cities, but I have planned a holiday that will incorporate meditation, yoga and a certificate at the end of it!! I want these things to be more apart of my daily life. I have decided to immerse myself so I will learn how to do this anywhere on my own, the certificate will give me the ability to teach and they say if you want to reinforce new learnings in your life teaching helps to do this. But if you look online, you will probably find somwhere that offers weekend retreats, or as I have recently done, did a search for transcendental meditation locally as I do mindfulness at the moment and want to learn more. I notice that there is usually someone locally that offers this, so this maybe another option for you!! 🙏🏼Happy Meditating
A good resource is this app, a good place to do it is somewhere comfortable like putting a cushion on the floor and sitting on it, and just thinking about breathing and taking control of your breathing if you need me thing else just contact
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?