Let the thoughts flow allow your mind to think them but do not dwell. Think of meditating as filing your thoughts into categories to be discussed and dealt with later. Meditation is like clearing your inbox and dorting emails to be dealt with later. Just allow your mind to think the thoughts then settle on having them sorted out later. Meditation is a means of clearing your head for better flow and quality of life.
Concentrate on the breathe and tell yourself breathing in breathing in etc…. Then holding holding and breathing out breathing out. Then I try to space out the time I say this until I'm only saying it at the start and end of the breathe. Don't worry I get distracted also
Sit in front of a wall of solid color that without any image of distraction. Place the cell phone in another room or turn off any other electronic distraction, turn on relaxing music, breathe and exhale. Try to empty your mind by concentrating on the sound around you. Every time you have a thought, interrupt and return to the sound around you and consecutively, little by little you will succeed.
You don’t block thoughts. When you realize you’ve been thinking, just note ‘thinking’ with no judgment, then begin again. It’s that moment of realization that is the practice.
Body scanning or trying to feel as if some 'magic' energy is flowing in your veins back and forth? And also, visualizing a river of thoughts: they come, they drift away. Don't be quick to judge: nobody can focus 100%. Accept the random thoughts, and then let them go. Also, if some thoughts show up really frequently, this may mean that there's some issues behind. Take the opportunity to explore! This is a journey, not some scored work!
What works for me is to cut though and focus on my breathing i just keep doing that and slowly it will start getting easier need to just break the habit and respecting that it will take a bit of time but it will get better
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?