What works for me is to cut though and focus on my breathing i just keep doing that and slowly it will start getting easier need to just break the habit and respecting that it will take a bit of time but it will get better
Concentrate on the breathe and tell yourself breathing in breathing in etc…. Then holding holding and breathing out breathing out. Then I try to space out the time I say this until I'm only saying it at the start and end of the breathe. Don't worry I get distracted also
Body scanning or trying to feel as if some 'magic' energy is flowing in your veins back and forth? And also, visualizing a river of thoughts: they come, they drift away. Don't be quick to judge: nobody can focus 100%. Accept the random thoughts, and then let them go. Also, if some thoughts show up really frequently, this may mean that there's some issues behind. Take the opportunity to explore! This is a journey, not some scored work!
You don’t block thoughts. When you realize you’ve been thinking, just note ‘thinking’ with no judgment, then begin again. It’s that moment of realization that is the practice.
Qu Li S.
Let the thoughts flow allow your mind to think them but do not dwell. Think of meditating as filing your thoughts into categories to be discussed and dealt with later. Meditation is like clearing your inbox and dorting emails to be dealt with later. Just allow your mind to think the thoughts then settle on having them sorted out later. Meditation is a means of clearing your head for better flow and quality of life.
Sit in front of a wall of solid color that without any image of distraction. Place the cell phone in another room or turn off any other electronic distraction, turn on relaxing music, breathe and exhale. Try to empty your mind by concentrating on the sound around you. Every time you have a thought, interrupt and return to the sound around you and consecutively, little by little you will succeed.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?