But I actually realised that meditation is all about self control. To get over everything that happened in the past and re fresh your brain for a better life. So now I meditate nearly every day and when I close my eyes instead of thinking about all the worrying things in my life and what I have to do next and if I've revised enough for my science test, i just sorta let all my tension and worry and anxiety sort of flush out my brain and re fresh it completely. I'm sure you'll soon learn self control and your brain won't run at 1000 miles per hour! Meditation can really come in handy ! Please let me know if this has helped you at all and I want to know your achievements and please tell me if you have any other questions, good luck!
Passive meditation, I try to focus on the breath and label the inhalation “I am breathing in” and the exhalation “I am breathing out.”
Christian meditation; there are some Simple Habit sessions with leccio divino, a n ancient practice of scripture, meditation, prayer, and contemplation. Such a practice might be called Christian Mysticism…
Gentleness is key! Don’t beat yourself up. Your mind is just doing what it was made to do.
Good luck with your practice!
It is a matter of observing your mind, without judgement, and gently redirecting it back to the object of your attention. So if you are paying attention to your breath and you become aware that you have been thinking about everything you have to do later that morning, you actually note that awareness. You may just say to yourself, “Hmm, I am thinking about my to do list.” Then gently bring your attention back to your breath.
I have an image in my mind that my thoughts are a toy boat floating in a pond. When the boat is going off course, I very gently tap it back to go in the direction I choose.
- What is the actual process of meditation? What should I actually do during Meditation? What should I think about?
- Hey fabulous people do find it best to meditate first thing in the morning ?
- What specific skill is most important in meditation?
- What is in your mind when you meditate?
- What do you do to get back in the groove when you’re interrupted while meditating?
- Could you meditate after school?
- What is the difference between mind voice and intuition voice? How to make a difference between them?
- Summer is pretty much here where I live- kids schedule changes pretty dramatically and there are usually family and friend events that need a lot of planning and dedication towards which throws me off my work schedule and even my daily routine and rituals. How do you all stay on track with your daily routine and work schedule when summer comes and kids and family schedules change ?
- Please how do I meditate? What’s the procedure?
- What are some common thoughts you have that are resistant to meditating? How do you cope with them, both during meditation and not?