This is natural when you first start meditating. Keep at it to make it a habit and eventually the monkey mind will go away. Guided apps can be helpful as they often provide you something to focus on. There are several in Fabulous that I have used. Also check out six phase meditation (free) at Mindvalley and “Waking-up” by Sam Harris (free trial and then subscribption).
- What do you do when you just can’t focus or let go of rampaging thoughts?
- Is there anything other than breathing that you try to do while meditating?
- What do you think of when you are meditating? What does meditation do for you?
- I do my meditation at evening time and…always fall asleep 😊. Apart from changing the time to earlier in the day is there anything else I can do to make sure I complete it?
- Is it alright to move around while meditating or should one sit cross legged being perfectly still?
- What is the best meditation for chakras?
- What do you think of stretching for awhile instead of meditation?
- What is the best meditation posture for someone who always gets back or neck ache when sitting?
- Do you have any tips for stopping the review of the day that happens in my mind when I do my bedtime meditation? It sometimes takes me a whole hour to get to sleep because of it.
- When do you like to meditate?