I stretch while I’m still in bed. Even a simple move like holding my hands above my head feels so good that I am immediately motivated to do a couple more moves, even if I was reluctant to start stretching when I first woke up. This seems key: making that first step of the habit so easy to do that you do it every day. At least when it comes to stretching, once I’m doing a stretch it only takes a few seconds to remember why I wanted to make this habit in the first place! It really makes me feel better in my body.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?