If you remind yourself that you don't have to tackle the change for the rest of your life and instead break it down to the next moment, then hour, then day, than week – it's already become second nature rather than a huge scary change.
even if my schedule changes i try to keep the small goal as part of my routine, just something as simple as making sure i have that glass of water when i wake up can make me feel so much more in control
I know life can get hectic, but don’t let yourself get in a slump! To start the day, turn on some nice music, something that pumps you up and gets you ready for the day. As you go through the day, celebrate your accomplishments. I’m not talking about a party, but just doing something like saying, “Hey! I did it! I got this!” to yourself. What I personally do is do a little happy dance. I know it sounds cliche, but it WORKS! At the end of the day, take some time to celebrate your accomplishments. Take a nice bath, journal, or practice mindfulness. Just do you!
If I see the meaning and purpose of my duties, the motivation is not a problem. If I don’t, then things get more chaotic. But even that is sometimes necessary to feel the urge for coming back to rhythm.
If I know a schedule change is coming I try to plan ahead, but I also struggle with this. The food is easier to manage than finding exercise times.
- What do you do as a daily exercise? Do you go to the gym every day or combine it with at-home workouts?
- I’m curious about reading habits of you guys(or ladies). How do you manage to read a whole book? Do you spend whole days on your free time to read everything at once? Or do you bring the book with you wherever you go and read it little by little? Or do you set a certain time every day for reading?
- What are fun strength training exercises?
- I can’t sprint or run because of this surgery but I can walk briskly and ride a bike so that’s what I’m trying to keep up with. Is this okay to replace for sprinting?
- Any preferred workout methods for building muscle/core strength with a bad back/pain?
- Hi I’m 11 years old and I want to get rid of the extra fat in my stomach and thighs please help.
- What do you do when you don’t see the sense of an exercise?
- How do you find motivation when you don’t want to exercise?
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? And how often do you do it?
- How do you set your evening routine? I managed to do so in the morning, but I feel my reward is to relax when I get back from work. And I need to have a more productive routine before going to sleep.