Do it with others! Not only does this make it fun, it also makes it embarrassing to just quit because you have other people to hold you accountable 😂
Ga L A.
To make exercise more fun, instead of doing routine I do a hobby that I've always wanted to do. For me it's skateboarding. For you it could be swimming, bike riding or dancing to music. Exercise doesn't have to be work, it can be fun as well
Becoming a better version of yourself shouldn't feel like a burden. Joining a group to be amongst like minded people is both fun and motivating!
I like to add something fun or that I like to my exercising, like music. Or exercise can be apart of your day by changing a routine, like your commute.
Things you may not think of being "exercise" can be more fun than going to the gym. You ever see how sweaty musicians get during a show? That is definitely exercise and is so much more fun than running on a treadmill.
One of the easiest ways to do this is by doing an exercise that you think is fun! Sign up for a class, or do something at home. Dance along to your favourite music, start yoga, try tai chi. Once you find yourself enjoying something fun and simple, you’ll find doing other forms of exercise more enjoyable too! Remember not to push yourself far outside your limit, otherwise you’ll dread exercising because of the strain you’re putting on yourself. And make your workouts more fun by getting some workout clothing you really love, or even just a water bottle if money is tight! Combine all of these things with some fun music and you’ll start to look forward to working out.
Do something fun and active with my kids…play basketball in driveway, badminton, etc or walk my dog. I find that if I am spending time with loved ones I am more interested in the activity and I don’t feel badly about time spent away from them.
Mark Ta M.
It really depends on what type of exercise you do. Choose one that makes you happy, not anything that's boring or difficult for you. You can even turn on your favorite music and dance around the house. I personally do a little yoga trainings every day before breakfast. And I always celebrate when I finish. It makes me feel happy and satisfied and excited for breakfast :))
I feel that when I concentrate on how it will make me feel and no matter what the exercise is that is what I'm looking for
I can't cope with standard sorts of exercising – I find it painful and boring! So I got the Ringfit for Switch, which turns exercise into a proper game, and took up archery for an unusual but not too vigorous sport (due to health issues). Find something that interests or excites you, and find a way to work exercise into that. You'll find it won't be as much of a burden then 🙂
Take small steps at a time and add a part to it that you enjoy. For example dance can be exercise too, or add you favourite music only when you work out so it becomes something to look foward too
I try playing sports, going for a swim, working out with a friend and then reward myself afterwards. E.g walk around the entire bays and on my way back, grab a single scoop ice cream or go and do an hour class at the gym and grab a yummy smoothie afterwards.
Put some music on, enjoy yourself! If it feels like a burden then give yourself some breaks so that you can enjoy, but ALWAYS GET BACK TO DOING IT!! If you don't you might make a habit of that and won't help you get anywhere and also, you'll just be fooling yourself if you think that your making progress. Xx Hope this helped. LA
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.