I try to use one on Fabs focus sessions – the 25 minute one – think of it as just 10, and then another 10, 5 more and it's done!
You got this !!!!!
I make myself at least try it for 5 minutes, and then if I don’t feel like it after that, I stop. Usually I end up going longer than 25 mins depending on what it is I’m working on because getting started is usually the hardest part!
Not always I do want to spend my time in a deep work state, but when I don’t feel like it I usually choose what I like the most and start with it, then go into what I was trying to avoid. Getting started is actually the trick: the rest follows.
Lo que yo trato de hacer en ese tipo de situaciones es acordarme de mis prioridades y de mis metas y eso como que un poco que me motiva a poder seguir con el trabajo ya sea académico o laboral aparte también visualizo las demás actividades que me quedan en el día y si veo que en realidad voy a tener un horario ajustado entonces soy realista y me digo a mi misma que si no hago esto prácticamente significa que más tarde tampoco lo haré. Trato de presionarme para hacerlo en ese momento y también recuerdo lo demás tengo planeado en el día por ejemplo en caso haga ejercicio o tengo que preparar algún postre, en caso no haga la chamba o lo pendiente académico, tendré que sacrificar aquello que me gusta hacer o que me relaja y eso también me motiva
Try to make your self a place to work and make it nice. I often like natural light and therefore I often choose a place by the window in the library. Start small, and with that I mean don't say I am going to write 15page essay. But star with I am going to white the outline for my essay. Try to find the easiest thing you can complete right now. So in essence just start with something and don't think to big.
- How do you block distraction if you work in an open space and people around you are loud or don’t care about interrupting you?
- What can I do to get back into my deep work if I get stuck?
- What is the best time of day to enter into Deep Work?
- How do you keep other people in your household from interrupting you when you’re trying to do Deep Work or to meditate?
- How do you define or identify a deep work task?
- How do you minimize phone distractions when your phone is needed for deep work. Ex: a lot of the programs I use require dual factor authentication to log in which requires a verification text be sent to my phone. They routinely time out after 20 minutes or so of not being in use and require me to log in again. Then I end up down a rabbit hole of checking stuff on my phone
- How many hours a day you consider a good day of work ?
- I’m starting to get in the groove of things again when it comes to finding what will be a work/life balance? What have been your most successful ways to truly developing a Deep Work habit?
- How can I know that I am fully concentrating?
- Do you find yourself procrastinating when you need to start a project? If so how do you get out of that mindset?