By getting done with the meditation before other people even wake up. This also means that one need to go to bed earlier than others in order to wake up before others do.
As crazy as this sounds, I will meditate, anywhere, anytime. I have meditated in the parking lot at the grocery store or Walmart (parked near the back). I have locked myself in the bathroom and sat on the edge of the tub (or while bathing). The great thing about meditation is that you can do it anywhere but you might need to get creative about it.
I usually meditate when I wake up. Generally, I wake before anyone else – so I have no disturbances whatsoever. You can also excuse yourself from a group and let them know you are going to look for a quiet place to meditate- people are very considerate of that I find.
Val Ria P.
Honestly, I find time to really just be alone. Sometimes it's best right before you go to bed or before you wake up. Sometimes if I know I'm not bothering anyone, I'll even do it when I'm in the bathroom. You just need a quiet place where you can block out other for a short period of time.
I tend to put in earbuds and read a book and think. Or I draw and just let my mind wander. I love reading writing and music…
True, it is harder to find the time to meditate when you are very busy or on vacation. But 10 minutes, 5 minutes, even 3 minutes is better than nothing.
My meditation consists of headphones with classical music, Daily Bread devotional and app Bible reading with an early cup of tea. I let everyone know (if they’re awake) that I’ll be in my own zone for fifteen minutes uninterrupted, and they usually respect my time.
I do not get out of bed until I have meditated. I make and take that time for myself. There are some very powerful one or two minute meditations.
I am on vacations too, I make my space when I am going to bed at night, but it is difficult not getting sleep, but I do my best not to, or when I am at the beach Or some tranquil place but of course if I am alone or I invite others to do it too with me, that way they respect my time and space for a while
Enjoy the small snippets of time to….soak in nature or let you mind wonder to things you are grateful for. All in keeping with a mediation practice without excluding yourself from the group.
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?