Yes, I particularly like mediation that gets you to tense and release muscles in your body to relax and relieve tension
- What type of meditation do you prefer? Why?
- What type of meditation do you do?
- What are the differences you notice when you meditate?
- Should you meditate everyday and for how long? Also how many days should you and how long. Or doesn’t me even matter at all how you plan it out.
- Do you find you are able to concentrate longer the more you practice meditating?
I like breathing meditation! I haven't really tried any other types of meditation.
Meditation should be done for its own sake, not with some gaining idea of benefits or enlightenment. In this sense, all that matters is that you sit on your cushion/stool in an upright posture and pay attention to the feelings of your breath. Eyes closed or open, whatever feels right for you. Whenever you notice your mind wandering, notice what it is that carried it away and return its attention to the breath without judgement.
No but people swear by it so I meditate anyways. I think the point is just to train your brain to focus on something, be it breath, sounds, or whatever
Yes, definitely. It helps me to calm down and be more aware of my feelings. Perhaps in the moment you won't feel the benefits, but if you keep practising, you will realise you are calmer and more present in daily life.
- What do you think about when you meditate?
- I just have such a hard time not letting my thoughts get in the way, any suggestions?
- What do people “get “out of meditation?
- Is there a position in which you feel more easy to concentrate?
- What time is needed for meditation? Should it be different in the morning and in the evening? If you sometimes fall asleep during meditation, what should you do?
- In meditation. Is your mind supposed to be clear or can you meditate on something positive (or both)?
- How do you sit straight but relaxed?
- When meditating are there easier ways to focus instead of visualizing my breath? I have a hard time concentrating and keeping my mind from wandering when meditating. Does this get better with practice? And what are tips to get better?
- Sometime, while meditating I feel the urge to open my eyes. It’s better to open them or trying to focus harder?
- How do you know when you’re comfortable enough to start meditating without a guided meditation?