I make sure to put my phone down every night by 9:00. I set my alarm, text people I need to text, and make sure there’s nothing else I need to do. I put my phone on do not disturb as well so I am not tempted to check all the notifications that I may receive.
I scroll. After a long day with the kids, it's nice to go brain numb for a bit. Although, am is stressful. If like to do more TV and reading and hot tub with Bren.
I put my phone in charge and I remember to turn it to the airplane mode so it will charge faster and I won’t use apps that need WiFi or data like social media where I used to waste a lot of precious time in the evening. Now I spend this time reading, doing my skin care routine, preparing books, homework’s and backpack for the day after or even listen to some relaxing music.
I have a bedtime setting on my iPhone. It turns all my apps off at 8:00pm and then all calls/text messages are silenced at 9:00 pm (my bedtime). This really helps me calm down before bed and takes the strain of blue light off my eyes.
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?