Usually around 10 o’clock, maybe 10.30 some nights. About 20-30 minutes before I go to bed. I check my notifications, meditate, write what I’m gratefull for that day. Then brush my teeth, get in to bed and read for about 30 minutes before I sleep 🙂
At the moment I do it at 21:30 but I plan to make it later once my wake up routine is set in stone. I do this because I take a few hours to fall asleep and disconnecting earlier means I actually fall asleep around midnight
I am terrible at doing this but I try to do it by 11:30pm or 12am, about half an hour before I get into bed (small goals). Then I *try* not to check my phone after I get in bed – I set screen time limits on my phone for the nighttime in my settings.
Because I work shift work, it depends on the specific time. But at least 30 mins before bed, and usually another 30 mins through the day.
Nathana L Q.
I think the intention is for it to be at bedtime. I cut minee off at 7pn because that's when I help my kids with their homework or read to them. and have them do chores before going to bed.
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?